Some of you asked me about OCs and other things
Rant ahead, proceed with caution. I apologize for all the increase ask-replying and lack of artwork recently; everything will return to schedule soon.
My dislike of ask blogs (usually of the fancharacter and pony variety) boils down to:
1. The character is rarely ever interesting, and the asker/character interaction is straight up boring. This is annoying, because the CONCEPT of ask blogs is actually kind of cool, but rather relying on feeling like the character’s personality is coming to life and you get to see how their mind works and how they react and shit, it’s all just this giant circlejerk that focuses around the artist getting an ego boost on how their character is so **special** that they deserve a blog all to themselves despite the fact that they have done nothing to make us care about them. Basically, instead of being something to entertain the audience, it only serves to entertain the artist.
2. I’ve seen a lot of blogs basically rely on sexual content to gather watchers. There’s no problem with some lewd content I suppose (my blog is full of it), but most of the time it’s not even about the character and is usually “Oh~look at that I spread my legs and now my panties are showing~~” or just constant sex jokes and innuendo which, at first, can be amusing, but is done and reused to death and it’s obvious it’s the only thing the blog has going for it. That wouldn’t really be too much of a problem but it’s been done to fucking -death- by this point.
As for Pony “OCs”, I don’t think I have to explain why those are stupid. Fancharacters on their own are usually stupid. Rather than creating something that could actually fit into the series they’re made for, it usually just comes off as a self-insert, a device to fuck the main characters, or just plain fucking lame and overbearing.
A lot of this comes from my overall distaste towards a faction of the MLP community in general, so I’m probably a little biased here. I’m not saying it’s wrong to like these things, these are just reasons why I don’t like them. Some OCs and Fancharacters can actually be kind of cool; I’ve actually seen some really cute MLP fancharacters that were just simple and funny instead of trying to be something huge or important.
- lotionthief likes this
- absent-of-retention likes this
- brother-prickle likes this
- ssorobo likes this
- sexyenchilada likes this
- mencret likes this
- hoodie22 reblogged this from rampagey
- rampagey reblogged this from mangneto and added:
- reaverbots likes this
- sqoon reblogged this from mangneto and added:
- petitpanda likes this
- shrap-null likes this
- noginerve likes this
- fish-tv likes this
- mangneto posted this